Book Review : Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops by Jen Campbell

Author: Jen Campbell
Published by: Constable and Robinson
Pages: 119 Pages
Published on : April 5, 2012
Format : Hardcover (Bookdepository)
Started on : August 15, 2015
Finished on : August 15, 2015
Rating : 3,4 / 5 stars











Summary :
This Sunday Times bestseller is a miscellany of hilarious and peculiar bookshop moments: 'Can books conduct electricity?'
'My children are just climbing your bookshelves: that's ok... isn't it?'

A John Cleese Twitter question ['What is your pet peeve?'], first sparked the 'Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops' blog, which grew over three years into one bookseller's collection of ridiculous conversations on the shop floor. 

From 'Did Beatrix Potter ever write a book about dinosaurs?' to the hunt for a paperback which could forecast the next year's weather; and from 'I've forgotten my glasses, please read me the first chapter' to 'Excuse me... is this book edible?: here is a book for heroic booksellers and booklovers everywhere.

This full-length collection illustrated by the Brothers McLeod also includes top 'Weird Things' from bookshops around the world

Review :
I have spend my day just do nothing and i only can read one books for today since yeah i've hurt my left ankle last night when i've practiced Futsal match. So I kinda lost my mood to read a lot books and fortunately i've picked humor books that brighten my day! :)

I have bought this books from TBD since they offered me 10% more discount since i've participated on Booktubeathon 10 that was being held on August 3rd - August 9th 2015. Thank you i've got my owned copy. OMG I love this books smell, I know it weird i love the smell of paper when i sniff them.. :p

Weird things Customers Say in Bookshops is a compilation stories based on Edinburgh Bookshop and Ripping Yarns bookshop experience when they meet demanding and hillarious customer is. Hahhaa Oh my God i just wanna laugh when i read some hillarious Questions from the customers and these are most epic one for me :

Tales From the Edinburgh Bookshop 

1. CUSTOMER: Hi, I just wanted to ask: did Anne Frank ever write a sequel?
BOOKSELLER: ........ 
CUSTOMER: I really enjoyed her first book. 
BOOKSELLER: Her diary? 
CUSTOMER: Yes, the diary. 
BOOKSELLER: Her diary wasn’t fictional. 
CUSTOMER: Really?
BOOKSELLER: Yes... She really dies at the end – that’s why the diary finishes. She was taken to a concentration camp. 
CUSTOMER: Oh... that’s terrible. 
BOOKSELLER: Yes, it was awful - 
CUSTOMER: I mean, it’s such a shame, you know? She was such a good writer.

2. CUSTOMER: Do you have a copy of Nineteen Eighty Six?
BOOKSELLER: Nineteen Eighty Six?
CUSTOMER: Yeah, Orwell
BOOKSELLER: Oh - Nineteen Eighty Four.
CUSTOMER: No, I'm sure it's Nineteen Eighty Six; I've always remembered it because it's the year I was born
BOOKSELLER: ...

3. Phone rings.
BOOKSELLER: Hello.
CUSTOMER: Hi. I was wondering if you could help me. I’m looking for a book for my niece. She’s six and I’ve no idea what to buy her.
BOOKSELLER: Sure. What kinds of things is she in to?
CUSTOMER: I don’t really know. I don’t see her very often – my sister lives abroad.
BOOKSELLER: OK, what’s her name?
CUSTOMER: Sophie.
BOOKSELLER: Ah, well, have you considered the Dick King Smith Sophie series? There’s even a book called Sophie’s Six.
CUSTOMER: OK, sure, that sounds like a good idea.
BOOKSELLER: Do you want me to double check that we have those in stock? I’m pretty sure we do.
CUSTOMER: No, it’s OK. I’m just going to order them online.
BOOKSELLER: But... we just gave you the recommendation.
CUSTOMER: I know, and I appreciate it. It’s a pain that Amazon don’t have a physical person I can ask about this sort of thing. Still, I can always
rely on you guys for advice.
BOOKSELLER: . . .

4. CUSTOMER: I’d like a refund on this book please.
BOOKSELLER: What seems to be the problem?
CUSTOMER: It’s broken! I barely touched it. It’s ridiculous!
BOOKSELLER: What do you mean?
CUSTOMER: I mean all I did was drop it in the bath by accident. And now, I mean, just look at it: the thing’s unreadable!

The Tales from Ripping Yarns 

1. CUSTOMER (Holds up a biography): Do you have this book but without the photographs?
BOOKSELLER: I think the photographs are published alongside the text in every edition.
CUSTOMER: Why?
BOOKSELLER: I suppose so you can see what everyone looked like
CUSTOMER: I don't like photographs
BOOKSELLER: OK
CUSTOMER: Could you cut them out for me?
BOOKSELLER: ...

2. CUSTOMER (peering over): Do you have brown eyes?
BOOKSELLER: Yes, I do.
CUSTOMER: My mother told me never to trust anyone with brown eyes.
BOOKSELLER: . . . You have brown eyes.
CUSTOMER: . . .

3. CUSTOMER: Hi
BOOKSELLER: Hi there, how i can help?
CUSTOMER: Could you please explain Kindle to me?
BOOKSELLER: Sure. It's an e-redaer, which means you download books and read them on a small hand-held computer.
CUSTOMER: Og OK, I see. So..this Kindle. Are the books on that paperback or hardback?

And so on.. You should read by yourself for more hillarious question for the customer is. Haha the books is totally Funny! :D 

0 comments:

Post a Comment